Thursday, May 27, 2010

So I was gonna sleep...

But I can't. Tv was on. I was catching up on the news so I can pretend to care about what's happening in the world today. And you know what? I can't believe the news today. Can't close my eyes and make it go away. No that was just a U2 song. What I can't believe is... What am I talking about. I STILL have no idea what's going on. What is a "Hung Parliment" and why should I care? What was with this stock market crash that lasted all of five minutes? What is a perfect storm have to do with it? What's this about Greece's economy and when did Germany get involved? And since when is Germany married to four ugly women? (Greece, France, Spain, and Italy) Dear world: WTF is going on?

News today makes no sense. I mean last time I watched the actual news was when Obama won and that was what? Fuck I don't remember... Holy crap was he inaugurated this year?! Damn this is going by slow. But fast. I'll write a poem about it right now.

Terrorists, 2012, and the O-Zone.
To me it seems like we're pretty boned.

Okay I didn't JUST write it. That was a month ago. I'll try again.

The economy right now is pretty fucked.
Picking Obama seem like it sucked.
But other than that there is an oil spill,
Obama's response? He's pretty chill.
Greece is collapsing once again,
They're gonna take us down with them.
Britain now has no Prime Minister.
Not writing a constitution has turned sinister.
Having a Hung Parliment this does mean
And this makes the world un-serene.

Look I know that poem sucked and it wasn't even what I was gonna write about at first, but I wrote it in 20 minutes and it's like 3 in the morning. Give me a break. I actually can write poems but I didn't care too much about that one.

Note: News to me is "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report."

No comments:

Post a Comment